Sunday, August 05, 2007

Last weekend in Dusseldorf...

Well its my last weekend in germany and so I decided to spend it in dusseldorf with my host family. Friday I just spent working on my paper most of the day at the AIB and then I in the afternoon laura and I went to the Aldstadt and met our host mom there. She showed us some of the good shops and we bought a few souvenirs, including a garden gnome from a garden store :). We got some ice cream, which is something ill miss about germany. Satuday laura's sisters were coming into town and were going to stay ith us for a night. It was nice though because I was able to sleep in and read a little harry potter. But for lunch, my host mom made the pancakes, which I love! And I watched her make them, hoping I might be able to make them that pretty when I get back home! After we ate with laura's sisters just us girls went into benrath, where we live, to the beer festival and walked around there and tried some of the beers. We even walked across the street to that castle in benrath that we saw one of the first days we were here. It was cool because by now we knew about it and could tell them about it. I also realized how accustomed to living here in general that we've become because seeing her sisters, completely unused to all of this public transportation, and its just like second nature to us now. We are all easily able to get around by now and so it was relaxing to spend the day in dusseldorf and showing someone else around for a change. We went into the aldstadt and just walked around and showed them the rhine. It was a fun day and I'm really glad I stayed in town this weekend. Today we are all going with our host family to a medieval festival near cologne and then we are going to spend the afternoon in cologne going to some museums and just walking around. It should be fun and a good memory with our host parents!

No comments: