Saturday, August 04, 2007

Greetings from Italia

Before the trip began, Matt and I decided it would be a good idea to travel to Italy via plane for our long weekend. I was a little nervous earlier in the week, because I was thinking that I would regret travelling instead of working on my paper, but with a little time management I was able to fit both objectives into my schedule.

Friday morning, we arrived in Cologne airport to leave via TUI fly. I have to admit that I was pretty apprehensive to fly a small airline over the Alps, but all was welll at the end of the flight. I bought an American newspaper in the airport as well, so I was finslly able to catch up on news from home. It appears news is slow, aside from the bridge collapse in Minnesota. We arrived in Venice and stood in a very long line to find out how to get to the train station. Finally we found our way to the station and took a train to Florence. We plan to spend more time in Venice on Sunday before we need to catch out return flight.

On a side note, I highly suggest flying at least one of the weekends while travelling in Europe. It is very quick, easy, and relatively inexpensive if the trip is planned before leaving for Germany. I understand that it was tough to do for most people in our group, due to the fact that noone knew each other prior to the program, but as future reference, it is great to do.

No comments: