Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The beginning of the end

Week 4
Day 29

My Euro Trip Journey is slowly coming to a conclusion. As of tomorrow, I will have been here for four weeks exactly and have one week remaining. I've been all over this great continent in my time here, built and made new friendships and probably lost a few along the way. Overall my time here, although not over, has been a great learning experience. I've experienced things that most people only hear about. I've see things some people only read in text books. I've also done things that many will never do. I've been to Paris, Prague, Amsterdam, Interlaken, and all across Germany and can't close my mouth that's still open in awe. I think to myself in every new city I step foot in "Could I live here?... Could I have a life with a family here?" And more and more I realize that yes I probably could. I could come here for higher education and maybe settle down on the German country side or the Netherlands or maybe even Switzerland. I believe my time here was well spent and I will walk away a different person. However, I am getting quite homesick for the moment and would like to go back for a while. I miss my friends, my bar, driving, eating nutritious food, working out, and most of all my parents and my dog, Tubby. If I had a few of those here, it would make the stay more comfortable for the moment. Maybe someday, I can come back with a few of those things and settle down for a while...

No comments: