Thursday, August 09, 2007

Last day in Germany....

So today is my last day in europe before I go home in the morning. We've been in berlin these past couple days and its been really relaxing. Berlin is a lot different than everywhere else we've been in germany and has more of the look and feel of a big city, like new york or somewhere like that. Its interesting because it has more recent history than just world war two. Seeing parts of the wall and where it stood was really amazing and also imagining what east berlin mustve looked and felt like before the wall came down was so eerie almost. Today, I went to the berlin zoo and saw knut and he was so cute! He was swimming around for us :). But it has been a good end to our trip and I'm definitely ready to get home and see my family and friends. We are going to the jewish museum today and then we have our farewell dinner tonight and then leave in the morning. Its sad to leave here and it was really sad leaving my host parents but I have so many good memories and I really feel like I learned a lot and was exposed to so many great things.

No comments: