Thursday, August 09, 2007

This is the end...

Athough not my last day in Europe, today is the end of our program. We have approximately 5 hours left with our beloved blackberrys. Then we give them back to Dr. Wasser, or... We are suppose to give them back. Laying here on my hotel bed in Berlin, I keep reflecting back upon my experiences. I've seen more in these past 5 weeks than most people will see in their lifetimes. For this I am grateful, yet almost greedy because I want to see more. I want to continue to travel to see and experience more of the world. In today's age, the world is no longer a giant planet but just a few hours on a plane. I keep thinking of all the sites I've seen and my cultural endeavors in the last several weeks.

On Tuesday, we had an interesting bike tour with a Dutch tour guide named Hans. He took us around Berlin, and showed us several interesting sites and monuments that had to do with WWII. Out of all of our guided tours, the Berlin bike tour and Munich tour were my favorite. The guides were probably what made the tours better. Hans joked about how the Dutch used to own the Americas, and that the U.S. was little Holland. We all laughed... He also said if the Dutch hadn't sold New Amsterdam the U.S. would have been a better place. Maybe? Man, I love that country.

The time has come, and I am definitely ready to head home. I prepared myself to be away for as long as I have, but it is time for me to be back in Texas. I miss my dog, my family, my friends, mexican food, my bar, my house, driving, the lake, tv, movies, healthy food, cooking, my bed, steak, sleeping in, ketchup, being able to get somewhere in less than 30 minutes, not having to walk everwhere, air conditioning, girls that don't pretend they don't speak English, music that's not techno, regular milk, and ice. It's going to be good to get back home and be able to relax. I will probably head back to the CS as soon as we get into Houston. Well, after I go eat Mexican with my family. Maybe hit up the bar where I work if it's not too late. That is if I'm still able to stay awake after the flight... Man that's going to suck. I like flying, but twelve hours on a plane is a long time.

Man, I love this country...

No comments: