Saturday, August 04, 2007

Last Post Till Back in the States

Alright, so the way things are laid out for me, I leave early Wednesday morning, which means after the weekend all I am left with is essay writing, turning the essay in, turning in the camera, the crackberry, etc. Berlin will only consist of me travelling there, and a bike tour and dinner, so hopefully not much to tell in that department, although it would be cool if something interesting/funny/exciting happened.

So this weekend has been nice to hang out and relax again. Flight to Venice, train to Florence, day and a half in Florence. Tomorrow back to Venice early to spend a good part of the day there and fly back to Dusseldorf. The art at the museums has been alright, but my concept of art is different: architecture and the female body (in all seriousness). Other than that Joey and I have just wandered around, enjoyed the sites, great food and shopping. Venice should have some handmade glass, or so I've heard and some markets, after which we'll head back to the airport. Of course all train/airplane rides entail me handwriting my paper until I can type it on Monday.

Unless anything interesting happens that was unexpected this will be my last post till we get back to the States. I have to say though, Europe has been interesting, travelling fun, but now that we've been gone so long I'm ready to go home. I'm not homesick or anything, but I love my family, my dog, my fish camp and Texas, and they all happen to be in the same place... and they are what I'm used to. Oh, that and my dog understands more English than some people here so it'll be a nice change to return to our normal.

At the beginning of this I said this would be the beginning of the new us, and for me at least I think that statement was correct. I have changed, not necessarily in the way anyone would have thought, but changed nonetheless. Adios.

Edit: Forgot to mention we met a random white guy from Japan with a Maroon Out 2001 t-shirt, no clue what Texas A&M or Maroon Out is. Sad day. Also we made pasta for about 5 and our guy at the hotel laughed at us. Good times.

ESSAY: Turned in, although I felt rushed at the end and it felt pretty crappy since the topic felt rushed too. Oh well, I'm figuring Musser/Wasser are looking that we actually did the research and we looked at a topic we had an interest in and went with it. We'll see what happens. So I guess this is it until I post back in the states.

No comments: