Monday, August 06, 2007

Amsterdam- Round 2

Oh Amstedam, I love you.

Larry and I revisited Amsterdam this weekend. We had a really good time doing absolutely nothing important. We visited the flower market, which was dissappointing, and spent the afternoon in Vondel park. It is HUGE. We thought we were nearly all the way through and then we looked at google maps and realized that we weren't even half way though. So, we decided to put down our blanket and have a snack next to an outdoor music concert. We were across the pond from the concert, but we could still hear and it made for nice background music. Interesting enough, it was gay pride weekend in Amsterdam. Nearly every building was decked out in rainbow flags and or pink balloons. On our way to the park, we came across the gay pride canal parade. It was quite a sight. It still humors me that when given the option to chose a costume to wear on the floats, nearly all men chose to either wear assless chaps, hot pants or leather pants. It was HILARIOUS. My personal favorite float was the "meat head" float, completely decked out in buff (gay) boys wearing hot pink hotpants with handcuffs attached. SOOOOO FUNNY. I couldn't stop laughing. Even though I've been to Amsterdam twice now, I would still go back, I absolutlely love it there. Everyone should go, just stay away from the red light district if you don't like that kind of fun... ha.

No comments: