Sunday, August 05, 2007

weekend in Dusseldorf

This weekend Kim and I decided to stay in Dusseldorf. On Friday, we went up to the AIB to work on our papers and then went shopping. I got some earrings and a couple of shirts from this store called Kult. Friday night, we just stayed home and relaxed. We also started packing and I quickly realized that not everything was going to fit. On Saturday, we went shopping for another bag to pack in and I ended up getting a pair of shoes and another shirt. I also got a really neat pair of handmade earrings in Alstadt. I might go back to that store today to get a few more gifts for people. Saturday night was a lot of fun. We went to eat at a restaurant in Alstadt with our family. I got the same thing as my dad, weinershnitzel. Kim got a steak Dusseldorf style. Both of these meals were really good. Our family took us for eis at their favorite place. The smallest portion was 3 scoops. After 3 beers and dinner, I found myself having problems finishing the ice cream. I was uncomfortably full. After dinner Kim and I walked around to let our food settle. Then we had a glass of wine at the wine fest. We met up with Jacob, Chris, Braden and Andrew. We had a lot of fun. Yesterday Kim and I went to what our host mom described as a public pool. It was really what we would call a small waterpark. We enjoyed getting some sun and relaxing. I am looking forward to this week and our trip to Berlin.

No comments: