Sunday, August 05, 2007

What will I miss...

I've decided to make a quick post about the things that are different in Germany that I will miss when I get back home.

Deutsche Bahn. THe ability to go anywhere you want, any day, multiple times a day is one of the most convenient things Ive found here in Deutschland. Making weekend plans is very exciting because you have so many options at your fingertips without having to worry about getting bored or tired driving for hours. Train travel is comfortable and as fast as a car. We need to have a College Station Bahn.

Pfand. The german word for deposit. Its very convenient to be able to go to almost any kiosk and give back a plastic or glass bottle and get money back. Aside from the whole getting money thing its also nice to know that you are helping the environment at the same time.

The Drinking Age. While i am only 20 I will be disappointed to going back to the states and not being able to order a beer with dinner. At the same time, I doubt I would be able to enjoy the beer as much because German beer is just so DELICIOUS.

My fellow study abroaders. Awww...I know. I must say that I have had a blast ith everyone on the trip and that the experience would have been about half as fun without everyone that came. While I'm sure we will have reunion parties, its not going to be the same hearing "Morgen schön" in the states.

The language. While I am excited about going back to a language I can completel understand I will miss practicing and learning more German. Its such a forceful Language that is amazingly fun to yell in.

Haribo. Gummi Bears....enough said.

I hope that everyone else here is taking away as much as me or maybe even more.

No comments: