Friday, August 10, 2007

My family away from home

Today will be my last day in Germany, and unfortunately i have to spend it by myself. I just got back to Dusseldorf from Berlin, and my flight leaves tomorrow. There are other people that are leaving tomorrow also, but they are leaving from Berlin. I regret not doing that myself.
The train ride back to Dusseldorf was tough. The whole time i sat there and thought about the past five weeks. How ive seen everyone in the program just about every day. Now, although we'll be in school at A&M, it wont be the same. We wont be in the same classes, and chances are we may never cross paths as we walk through campus.
I sat on the train remembering the good times we had together. Eventhough we didnt go out and drink as much i would have liked, the few times we did were great. Everyone got along (for the most part) and there wasnt any drama (that i know of) that got in the way of us having a good time.
Each of us had our own unique personality. I will alway remember Larry´s Dwiggymon jokes. Dustin as my travel buddy and roomate, and his outgoing personality. Joey´s "Danke Shön." Sarah`s Forrest Gump quotes. Kat as being one of the guys. Kimberly's friendliness. Michelle's split personality (she can be quiet at times, but when you talk to her she's hilarious). Laura's kindness. Andrew's alcoholism (hahaha....not really, but he can drink like a German). Jacob always having a clever joke. Braden's knowledge about farm animals (freaking genius). Meredith never turning down a beer. Kendall my fellow Austinite. Matt's stories. Hannah's love for shopping.The time Jennifer and ran down our night cruise ("im losing it"). Leigh, the Canadien. Chris' night in Zurich. And Kaylee's "duber" (the word, not the actual thing).
A couple of summers ago, i was in the same situation. That night as i was saying good bye to my yellowstone coworkers, someone said "after tonight, you will never be with the same group of people in one room again." So far this person has been right, i have met up with people from that summer, but we have never been together as a group again. I really hope that doesnt happen with this group, and i've got a feeling that it wont.
While we are in College Station, lets make sure we say hi to each other when we walk by, and hang out every once in a while. Even if it's just to have dinner or something. Lets never forget the time we spent together in Germany, and how we bonded together as a family.

No comments: