Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bye Bye Dusseldorf

We are on the train on the way to Berlin. It is a bittersweet feeling, I am very excited to see Berlin, but a large part of me is sad to leave Dusseldorf. I already miss my host family and it was hard to say goodbye. Yesterday and this morning left me feeling sad knowing it was the last time at the AIB, and my last time to walk down the Rgein, or through Nordpark which was my favorite place in the city. I took a blanket and laid in the sun there yesterday and took a nap and enjoyed the time. Our family was very special. Harald, our host dad, is an artist and he and Sibylle illustrated their own copy of "The Forgprince." They gave hanna and I each a copy. Sibylle said her great-grandfather's sisters used to tell stories with the Grimm brothers so that it has been passed down in her family. It was a really special and personal present, and I will miss them dearly. I am looking forward to the bike tour tonight and hope the rain will hold out until tomorrow. I can't believe this is the last few days, I'm sure they will fly by, but hopefully be as memorable as the rest of the trip has been!

No comments: