Thursday, August 09, 2007

Leaving Berlin on Saturday...

And i do not want to go home. I miss my family and friends and I really want to see them, but at this point, I am not ready for a return to reality. We have done some studying, but for the most part it has felt like a five week vacation that I don't want to end. If my family were to all jump on a plane and visit me for a week, I would have no problem staying for a couple more months.

On tuesday in Berlin we arrived and went on a bike tour of the city. Its a whole different experience being able to see the history that took the city instead of only hearing about it. The remnants of the wall are scattered throughout the city, a constant reminder of their recent history. The Jewish memorial, a maze of concrete blocks, was impressive in that it conveyed its message well: a feeling of isolation and helplessness when walking through it. Today we're going to the Jewish museum and I don't know what to expect, so we'll see...

This is probably my last post in Germany. Tonight we have our going away party and most people are leaving tommorrow morning. I've had a great time in europe; these 5 weeks sure flew by...

No comments: