Sunday, August 05, 2007

Au Revoir Paris!

I loved Paris! Well, except for the public transportation system and our hotel out in the boonies, which took us a good two hours to get back to each night. Thank goodness there were couple of very nice French people that we asked for help along the way. We didn't really experience the whole rude French people thing. But we did get scammed on the first night on the way to the Champs Elysses and I ended up with a 4 Euro bracelet made of string that I haven't been able to get off, oh well though.

I think we covered a lot for such a big city in a day and a half. We went to the Eiffel tower both nights and went up to the second floor on Saturday night. We went to the Louvre Saturday morning and its size was pretty overwhelming. We tried to hit all the high points the rest of the day, the Notre Dame, the Palais Royal, the operahouse, and we saw a lot of other beautiful buildings but weren't sure what they were. And of course, we shopped as much as our time and money allowed. My favorite was definitely the Eiffel tower, and I'm pretty sure I took way too many pictures of it. It was so cool to see it glitter and the view from the second level was amazing, and let us see how much we walked. This was a great trip for the last weekend, and I am glad we are getting back in the early afternoon to Dusseldorf because just a day and a half in Paris wore me out. So if I can just finish my paper then I can enjoy our last two days in Dusseldorf!

No comments: