Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Off to Berlin

We just left Dusseldorf and are on our way to Berlin. I am excited about going to Berlin but am sad to leave Dusseldorf. I had such a good time here. I think that my host family played a huge part in my experience. They were so loving and caring. When we were gone on the weekends, they would send us emails to our blackberries just to check in on us. I felt very comfortable at my house in Dusseldorf. Last night, I got kind of sad once I had packed and my room was empty. I have started to call this home and now we are leaving. Last night after dinner we had the German version of Champagne. Our mom gave us 2 of the recipes and then our dad drew pictures on the paper for us. He does illustrations and advertisements. They also gave us a version of The Frog Prince that they created. Our dad did the illustrations and our mom wrote a note at the end. I am very thankful to have gotten such a loving family. I am looking forward to seeing my family in several days.

No comments: