Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Well, we're on the way back to Dusseldorf from Hannover. The last two days we've spent there were busy, but really interesting. I thought it was intereting yesterday to learn about the follicles and insemination, and today seeing the different animals the farm works with. Turkeys creep me out. I didn't know that poultry can be cannibals, and in the turkey pen, we saw a turkey pecking another turkey to death. It was weird, and now I'll never look at a turkey leg the same. My favorite part of the excursion was at the BBQ at the German frat house. It was a lot of fun seeing the entire group in a social setting like that. It was also cool interacting with Germans who are closer to our age. I kind of miss Dusseldorf, and I'm ready to get back. I only have a few more nights in Dusseldorf and I have several goals: have one more meaningful conversation with my host mom, go out to aldstadt for a final time, and buy several gifts. Those are fun goals. Oh yeah, and finish my paper, but I'm getting close to finishing that. I can't believe we're getting close to the end of the program!

No comments: