Thursday, August 09, 2007

outdoor cafes

I know I kind of hit on this at my goodbye to Duesseldorf but I can't get over the outdoor street side cafes. I love Europe's ability to mix city with nature. A park hidden in the middle of the city, or flowers or a green lawn of a church, or the canals. Our cities are filthy.. No exceptions worth noting. The weather is exceptional and every element comes together to create a sum greater than the parts and its pure bliss. I am a christian and not completely sure how that is relevant other than I have grown spiritually within myself.. In a Zen kind of way and just gotten in touch with that around me and am just at peace with everything. That's what this trip has done for me. Its allowed me to step away from medical school and stress of moving, chores for parents, and obligations of back home. It has allowed me to stay low and just be me. I am in my own little corner of the world and its magnificent!

No comments: