Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Adios Dusseldorf

Well, we've left Dusseldorf and I'm kind of sad. We told our host mom goodbye and hugged and thanked her for everything this morning, and she told us we could come visit. I like Dusseldorf a lot but I don't know if I'll be back. We'll just have to see where life takes me. It was definitely a little difficult on the tram ride this morning with all our luggage. I was surprised when a lady helped Michelle get her bag on the tram, and she and another man also helped her get her stuff off at the train station. It was sad leaving Steffi and Lars too at the train station. I wish I could've got to know both of them better, but I still remember meeting them the first day when I got to the AIB and getting to have lunch with all them since I got there pretty early. I was nervous when I first got there, but they were so friendly and all helped us so much.

Yesterday was pretty relaxing. After we got done at the AIB we went to the bakery and sandwich place near the AIB that we all decided we were going to miss a lot. Then we went out to the Aldstadt and Konigsalle for the last time to get some mustard, which is really my only souvenir from Dusseldorf, besides lots of great memories. We had a pretty special dinner for our last night with our host mom. We had smoked salmon, some sort of fried potato that reminded me of a hash brown, and chocolate mousse and ice cream for dessert. My host mom also gave me two full glasses of wine, which was a little too much and made me really tired. So we finished packing and went to bed pretty early. I am really excited about Berlin, and then I will be so happy to get on my flight home. I just hope I survive the bike tour today!

No comments: