Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Last night I actually slept for almost eight hours. It was great. Yesterday we had a bike tour of berlin. There is so much complicated history here. It is a really unique city that is still evolving since the wall. I am really excited that we have time on our own today and tomorrow to roam around berlin as we wish. Its the perfect thing to do on the last week when eveyone is a little worn by tours and travelling in a group of twenty. I can tell everyone is a little anxious to get home. Before I came, I thought I would be so devastated to leave germany, but someone told me that people are usually ready to come home by the end of the program. I didn't believe it then, but now I understand. This program has been amazing, but I'm ready to be somewhere familiar and stable agaiin. We've all started talking about things we can't wait to get back to: ice, our cars, ac, ceiling fans, english, chicken, drink refills, mexican food, more space.... I'm sure I'll have a similar list for germany once I get back - like brotchen and dunkel weisse! Of course I don't really have to go home quite yet. I'm travelling in italy after the program with my sisters, but it is still near the end for me in germany and with my host family. We'll try to make the most out of tonight with the group. A few people want to go to some outrageous dance club. Apparently germans have some strange dance moves that I'll have to see for myself...

No comments: