Sunday, August 05, 2007

Breakfast with the Family

I would like to share a simple but very nice moment of my weekend with you. I just finished an excellent breakfast with my host family. I have not had the oportunity to spend very much time with them recently because of all of the traveling we have been doing. We spent a week traveling around the south of Germany, and then ontop of that, I have yet to spend a weekend home with the family. I believe the breakfast I just experienced is an average Sunday meal. My host family has a young boy, two years old, and an older boy, nine years old. The father works and has breakfast early in the morning before the boys are up, and I think Jennifer and I normally leave the house in between when the father eats breakfast and when the boys get up. The unfortunate timing leads to us rarely getting to eat breakfast with a family member, let alone the whole family. But this morning, Sunday morning when the father does not have work and I am not off on some weekend excursion, I was able to eat breakfast with most of the family. The nine year old boy had slept over at a friends house, so he was not present at the breakfast. My host mom had made a whole spread of food, and my host dad has just gone out and gotten some brotchen (bread rolls). We went out onto the balcony had a fabulous breakfast in the sun with a really nice breeze. It was just a really fabulous meal, and I enjoyed getting to spend a little time with the family. I also really enjoyed being out in the beautiful weather. I know it does not sound very exciting, but I just wanted to share that with you.

No comments: