Sunday, August 05, 2007

Though I have been posting for more than four weeks now I don't think I have posted anything on my feelings toward this lovely country that has adopted me temporarily. Before I came on this trip I had been to many places in western europe and I had loved them. Having that experience prepared me for Germany. I was not very surprised by any of the cultural differences that exist between the States and Germany. But I have now been here for over four weeks and I must say that I have really enjoyed my time here. The country in southern Germany is so beautiful! I could live in the hilly farm land down there. What surprised me, pleasantly, was how common it is for people to speak english here. Though I would love to be fluent in German, I am not. But my lack of knowledge of the language did not isolate me from the people. I am truely impressed at how friendly the Germans have been. Not that I expected Germans to be unfriendly because of the stereotype, but I expected some animosity over us not knowing the language.

I have loved the time I spent here in Germany I would recomment a trip over to anyone.

No comments: