Sunday, August 05, 2007

I decided to spend the weekend with my host family in düsseldorf instead of going away for the weekend. My sisters also flew in this weekend because we are going to travel in italy after the program. They were overwhelmed by the trains and German speakers like we all were a month ago, and they were impressed that I was so comfortable getting around düsseldorf. I'm sad that I'm about to leave düsseldorf and I'll probably never see my host family again, but I'm also really excited to see Berlin and Italy and looking forward to going home. Yesterday we walked around Benrath to see the beer festival and then we took my sisters to the alstadt. It was really hot and crowded so we didn't stay long. Today the Erps are taking us all to Köln to see the Dom again, the Chocolate Museum, and some kind of medieval festival that's going on there this weekend. I don't like having to think about leaving because it is so hard to imagine being in real life College Station again, but I feel like the program has been a good length and it's time to leave. Hopefully Berlin will be a good note to end on.

No comments: