Sunday, August 05, 2007

Berlin here we come!

I am in a very good mood at the moment! Today was beautiful day with lots of sunshine and a nice breeze. I woke up this morning a little slowly,( a few of us enjoyed a night out in Altstadt last night!) but then i went for a run and worked on my paper. Our host dad dropped Hanna and I off at the local pool and we got to enjoy some sunshine and swimming which was Exactly what I needed! Our host family's daughter came in for lunch with her husband, they live in Berlin and are very excited we are visiting there this week, as am I. I am sad to be leaving Dusseldorf, but have many memories I will not soon forget. Tonight we enjoyed a light dinner of salad and bread outside in the garden and nice weather. Today there is supposed to be rain, as well as in Berlin this week, so I am not looking forward to that, but enjoyed today while I could. I amf inished with the paper and only have a few minutes left of the video, and am wondering how these 5 weeks flew by so fast. It has been such an amazign experience, I loved getting to travel on the weekends to different countries, but Germany is my favorite and am so glad the program was here. I picked the program at the beginning because it corresponded to my major, not because I was partial to Germany. If I had it to do over again, I would do the exact same thing, I love it here, the people, the food, the atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this to furture students, I dont think words can do justice to everything i have experienced, you just can't sum up seeing a double bypass surgery, or the Koln cathedral, or the view form the St. Charle's bridge in Prague. I am looking forward to seeing friends and family at home, but will definitely miss Germany. I am so glad I got this opportunity and will always remember it!

No comments: