Sunday, July 01, 2007

Leaving the United States...

I am leaving this morning for Europe. I am flying into Frankfurt, Germany where I will be taking the train to Munich. I am kind of nervous about getting from my plane, through customs and to the train. I am really excited about the trip but also nervous about flying over there and catching the train by myself. I have never flown to Europe. The longest flight I have been on is from San Antonio to New York, which is only the first 1/5 of this journey. I am a little nervous about being on the plane for that long, but I don't mind flying so it should be okay. I will hopefully be able to sleep because I get into Frankfurt around 9 a.m. their time and will have a whole day ahead of me. My cousins that live in Connecticut are meeting me at the train station in Munich. They stay in Austria for 5 months during the summer season in a house that has been in the family for hundreds of years. I am excited to see them and to see the house. The house is in the Ruette area which very close to the Germany-Austria border. My stay with them should be a lot of fun. I leave Friday for Dusseldorf and am very excited to see everyone again. Hopefully, I packed everything I need. I surprised myself and fit everything in a 22 inch suitcase. I am normally a very heavy packer. If I forgot something, I guess I will just buy it there. Well, I'm off to go over everything one more time, have breakfast with my family (some good Mexican food) and head to the airport. Hope everyone has a safe trip!

No comments: