Tuesday, July 07, 2009

First Bonn Post

I have been in Bonn for a total four days now and it has been amazing! I arrived by train where my host sister, Suzi, picked me up since my host mom was out of town. After I unpacked, she brought me back into town and gave me a short tour of the towncenter, university, and the biergarten!! My family lives right on the edge of the town of Bornheim, so I am surrounded by cool little farms and ranches that even have llamas and camels! The next day, I met my host mother, Dana, who is British but has lived here for over 30 years. So far, we have gotten along great!

As for the actual program, our classes started yesterday and have included German history lessons, German language class, a visit to the Museum König, and an interesting scavenger hunt today! Probably the most interesting thing I learned from the 20th century history class today was his perspective of the aftermath since WWII. He said he was proud that students like us were so interested in Germany and learning more about its culture, which proves much progress has occured here in the past 60 years.

Oh yeah, I had my first döner today. I have found my newest cheap German-Turkish fast food!!

No comments: