Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Matt Bersi: A Gentleman and a Scholar

The date is June 20, 1989. In the distance, a lion roars. A single ray of sunlight peers through the hospital window. The world is not ready for what is about to happen, for in that little room, a hero is born. Matt Bersi is born.

Character is the word when describing Bersi. Unassuming and meek as he may seem, he is nothing less than an exceptionally interesting and capable person. As long as I've known him, he has always considered other people before himself. Especially in the episode for which this blog is written.

Not once, but twice now, has Bersi allowed me into his home. Most recently, my key was broken, and I had no means of getting into my house. At ten-thirty at night, I call Matt from the laundromat that had been exhausting my time for the last hour or so, and he did not hesitate to invite me to stay on his couch for the night. This is what Matt Bersi's about, and for that, I am grateful to know him.

To avoid unneccessary or unwanted flatter, I will end my blog now with a simple thank you.

Thank You Matt. Mi sofa, es tu sofa.

No comments: