Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holy Crap it's Dusseldorf!




Dusseldorf is so pretty along the Rhine! I had the luxury of seeing the wonderful city people in this program past have gotten to see. With beautiful weather and a large variety of ethnic foods to choose from, my cousin, his wife and two boys, and I enjoyed lebanese food in the shade outside. If you don't know what to get share the grillteller (something like that). It has chicken, lamb, and steak! mmmhmmm Finger licking good.

After that we started walking along the Rhein to decide what to do next when low and behold a carnival on the otherside! My cousin's wife Maija showed us a ride she had done before, so we set out to try it for ourselves. Once there only my cousin Curt and I got on the ride because his two boys were too young and little. I am going to do my best now to describe this ride to you. you sitting with your feet dangling and this big black thing strapping you in from your shoulders down. you start swinging back and forth but as you are swinging you are also rotating in a circle slowly. it would be like if you were on a swing at the park and started spining yourself while going back and forth. the only difference is a park swing will usually stop once you get to a 90 degree angle. This one reached about 150 degrees. never quite 180 though. when i got off i understood what Maija had meant about having a feeling of euphoria. Curt and I were sweating too. It was intense, and allowed me to see Dusseldorf from all sides!

On our way back to the car and to get some icecream, I finally got to see the famous Garry buildings!

Chow!
Stephanie

No comments: