Monday, July 27, 2009

Vienna Medicine

Date: July 24
Today we got to visit the Medical University in Vienna. It is housed in the second largest hospital in the world. I found that hospital to be a little ridiculous... First, for the patients. Who wants to be one patient out of a couple thousand? It doesn´t seem like they would be treated with as much individual care as one might have seen in Bad Oyenhausen, or any other small specialized hospital. And when we walked through the front doors, it was like walking into a massive shopping mall, there was even a tobacco shop!

Otherwise, it was still impressive. I am sure the patients do receive quality care, I am just used to smaller hospitals. It was fun going to the skills classrooms to perform stitches and catheters. I feel like I could suture anything up right now! Afterwards, five of us left for a 13 hour train ride to Switzerland.... more into that in my next post.

No comments: