Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 16, 2009

I just did a cow palpation. It was so weird! We dressed up in white outfits (like oompa loompas) and stuck our whole arm in a cow’s butt. Justin and I both had our hands in the cow’s anus at the same time, it was so romantic.

After removing my cow manure clothes, we got to see a surgery. It was really cool! We observed open heart surgeries yesterday, and I was doing okay at first, but after about 10 minutes, I felt like I was about to faint. I’m pretty sure it was a mental thing, because I was really interested at first, but as soon as I started to think about it being a real person under the blanket, I started getting woozy. But today, I was surprised at how easily I was able to observe a cow surgery. There were two vet students and two vets sticking their entire arms inside the cow’s torso. They were even pulling out organs to show us, and he pulled out the pyloric sphincter!!

Today made me think about considering vet medicine. Just thinking about it, nothing permanent.

No comments: