Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hanover

We left Bonn early on Tuesday and made out way to Hanover.
Going to the hospital and watching surgery was amazing. I watched an operation where the arotic vavle was being replaced with a valve from a pig. I was really worried that it would bother me but I was pleased to find out it didn't. It was a little embarassing having to take off all our clothes minus our underware and just stand around. When I finally got into the OR I completly forgot. The person was obease and the yellow/oranage fat was pretty nasty but it was interesting watching the surgon work. I really apperciated being able to watch and ask questions. I have been studying biomedical engineering for 4 years now and I was thrilled to see a device saving a life. When the heart was finally filled back with blood it was nothing short of a mircle. I watched a humar heart beat!
Today we went to the vet school and then the department for pathology. I enjoyed the vet clinic. I find it sader to me to see sick animals because you can see that they are scared and don't really understand what is happening. I am not sure what the reason for the pathology department visit was. I think that might be my least favorite part of the program.
I am excited for tomorrow. I think it is important to see a concentration camp. We should always remember the past even if it is something horrible and sad.

No comments: