Friday, June 02, 2023

Week Two!!

    This week involved a lot more class and traveling than the last. We started the week as a typical day of classes, but afterward, we went to the opera. The show was called "Merry Widow". My roommates and I have been preparing for this the week prior. We read the entire plot at least once every day because we knew the show would be in German and wanted to understand what was going on. Overall, the show was exciting and good. I still did not understand a lot of the show, but I had a decent understanding of the general basics. Later in the week, we went to Cologne. This was an enjoyable trip with great sights. The cathedral was beautiful and not to mention, ginormous. After the city tour and a very interesting prison tour, we indulged ourselves in some delicious gelato and went to a few shops. The next day, we finally started our Applied Pharmacology class. I was looking forward to this course because I thought it would be very interesting and fun. This class so far is delightful and informational! My roommates and I also tried this Italian restaurant, which was terrific. It was so good and I will definitely be going back. We also attended the student activity Thursday night but decided to leave a little bit early to eat some Mcdonald's. I also tried this new crepe stand right by my bus stop and it was tasty. It had an entire banana in it! 

After this week, I am definitely getting used to things and city travel. I feel like we've got a steady schedule going, but more travel is to come. I am now packing for Norderny and Amsterdam and am looking forward to this next adventure and the saunas!


No comments: