Saturday, June 03, 2023

Bonn Week 2!!

 Week two has flown by!!

Lectures this week were very interesting. My favorite so far has been the lecture on Leonardo Da Vinci. Again, looking at this with my background in art history I was so excited to learn about the other things he did! This lecture brought back memories of going through a Leonardo Da Vinci exhibit at Moody Gardens with my parents. I remembered some of the drawings Dr Wasser showed in class but back then I was too young to understand the importance and impact Da Vinci’s work had. 

Cologne was absolutely beautiful. The cathedral was breathtaking. I honestly don’t understand how humans were able to build massive and beautiful cathedrals like that but still have little to no understanding of their own bodies and health. 

Today starts our stay in Norderney. The island is beautiful and the people here seem very friendly. We definitely are the only Americans here right now and I can tell locals don’t see Americans here very often. At dinner our waiter told us the sound of our English was “refreshing” and when we told him we were from Texas he asked how we ended up in Norderney!

I am most excited for the mud flat hike. I hope to see some fun wildlife!  



No comments: