Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Week 4 Abroad!

 We just completed our 4th week abroad! Every week Im surprised by how quickly time has been passing since we’ve arrived in Bonn. 

Sadly, this week I received some unfortunate news. My host mom would be leaving on Thursday for a 5 week rehab for work. I was really sad to hear this because I have had such a great time with her and I didn’t want it to end. We made the most of the rest of the week and had a family dinner with my host parents and their 3 kids on Tuesday. This was really fun since their kids are my age and I enjoy spending time with them. Then on Wednesday we went to the AIB party for the host families and got to meet some of my friends’ host families. That was my last night with Annette, but we made the most of it! Now, it is just me and my host dad Stephan. 

This week at school we learned a lot of interesting things and I was particularly interested in the lectures about Da Vinci. On Friday we took a study trip to Bingen and Andernach and got to learn and see lots of cool things about the history of medicine!

After our study trip, me and some friends went to Brussels for the weekend! We ate chocolate, waffles, beer, and frites which were all amazing. I’d say the highlight of this trip for me was going on a pub crawl around Brussels. We made lots of friends that were traveling and had lots of laughs while also getting to taste some Belgian beer. I had a great time and I can’t wait to go to Vienna next week!!!

No comments: