Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Week 5

 This week has been a whirlwind of travel! Vienna was a stunning city. It was filled with so much life and the cathedral we saw coming right out of the metro station took my breath away. This by far has been my favorite class excursion. The train ride there was SO LONG but the dinner we had definitely made up for it. The next we had a walking tour led by the infamous Dr. Schnabel. We learned so much about preventative medications for the plague while exploring the city. For lunch we went to Cafe Demel and the cake was so delicious. It was unfortunately too hot for the famous hot chocolate, but I loved the rich, creamy texture of the chocolate cake. It was undoubtedly hot in Vienna, but some ice cream and refreshing boba helped cool us down. My favorite place we went to that day, was the crypt. As a crime show enthusiast, I definitely felt like I was in my element. Later that night, my friend and I went to see the Little Mermaid and it did not disappoint. There are so many good songs!! The next day was packed with medical museums and I especially LOVED the Josephinum. The wax figures were so detailed and it was so very cool to look at. On our last day, we went to the natural history museum and I felt like I could've spent the whole day there. I was so amazed by the specimens they had preserved especially for the ocean exhibit. The rocks and jewels exhibit were also very nice to look and learn about. 

This weekend we went to Venice and it's surrounding cities. Walking through the streets, it for sure made you think of summer in Europe. Gelato and pizza were a must and they are a foodies dream. One thing we learned while there was that there is a distinction between the private and public beaches. We might have spent some time on the private beach before getting scolded at. :D We spent a night at a hostel, and I wasn't sure what to expect but this was a very nice place. It was like a mix of a dorm facility and summer camp vibes. The buildings in Italy were GORGEOUS. The bridges, the buildings, and the gondolas added to the summer feeling and I could not have been more in awe. I cannot believe we only have one week left before this program ends. These weekends have truly been magical. 



No comments: