Sunday, June 18, 2023

Another Week in Bonn plus a weekend in Brussels!

 Once again we were sidetracked by the mf Deutsche Bahn! Before we had yet another terrible experience with the DB we had a really amazing and jam-packed week in Bonn.

This was our second full week in Bonn was filled with museums, monuments, and of course lots of classes! My favorite part of the week was definitely the Johann Winter Museum. It was super cool to see how many modern medical instruments have evolved over time! Working in EMS I have used many of the items seen in the museum and I don't even think twice about the development of these items so that was really eye-opening (and the Iron Lung was sooooooo coooool to see in real life). 

After a long week in Bonn, we took a weekend trip to Brussels! So far, Brussels has been my favorite city I have visited. Both times the DB canceled our direct train (not surprising) but we were determined to make it to Brussels ;). Even though we were only there for a short time we had so many amazing and unique experiences, meet a boatload of cool people, and made memories that will last a lifetime! 

I think this weekend in particular was really a turning point for me! This past year I have been so caught up in school and work and really burnt myself out trying to balance everything, I felt like I lost myself along the way, but this weekend I finally felt like myself again!

I am so grateful for every opportunity I have had thus far and I can't wait to experience the rest of our study abroad!

No comments: