Sunday, June 11, 2023

Week Three in Europe

Three weeks in Europe are complete. I am already exhausted and starting to get homesick. After Norderney, I went straight to Amsterdam and spent just one day there. Truly, I thought it was overrated. It was a huge tourist city, which was expected, but caused unfortunate smells and noises. I enjoyed visiting museums and meeting up with friends for lunch, but otherwise was happy to head back to Bonn on Thursday. I spent Saturday visiting Drachenfels with my host! I enjoyed it very much. It was beautiful and not as bad a hike as Löwenburg. I also bought myself some Birkenstocks on Saturday, trying to immerse myself more into the German culture. 

I thought Norderney was very cool! I particularly enjoyed the mud flat hike. I can now say I have held a live crab. I found it very interesting that drinking sea water is considered good for your health. I had always thought, probably because of the taste, that it would be a bad idea to consume, even in small amounts. I intend to do a little more research into the topic for directed studies. 

I have included some pictures below from Amsterdam and Drachenfels.






No comments: