Sunday, June 18, 2023

Week 4 Post

Week 4!! I can’t believe this program is almost over! This week I was happy to be back from the long weekend and go to class. My favorite lecture this week was the history of women in medicine. It was really neat to learn about influential women in medicine since we never really talk about women in history. The discussion after the lecture was pretty cool since it made me realize other girls have experienced similar things I have been through which just overall made me feel less alone. My favorite person we learned about this week was Hildegard (the notorious HVB). She is AMAZING and I had no clue who she was before the program, but I definitely will not forget who she is. 


I really enjoyed the study trip last Friday. Specifically, I really liked the Johann Winter Museum. It was really neat to see things we’ve learned in the classroom applied to at a museum. I specifically really liked seeing the old EKG machine, the plague attire, and the stroke mask we saw in the first room (not sure what to call it, but it looked really neat). Overall, it was really neat to see how some medical tools have not really changed. It’s neat to know that people perfected the tools we needed in the medical field a long time ago today (it just kinda blows my mind). Also, on the trip I tried schnitzel for the first time and it was AMAZING!


After the trip, Hannah and I went to Paris! Paris is a beautiful city and I can not wait to visit again. While we were there we visited the Notre Dame, St. Chapelle, the Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower. One thing I noticed on the trip/going to different art museums was how many details are in paintings. There were many religious paintings at the Louvre and I love applying what we have learned in the classroom about identifying the saints to the paintings. Anyways, I am excited to go to Vienna this week!

The Louve

Eiffel Tower

Hercules Statue in Louve

The Arc of Triumph


No comments: