Sunday, June 11, 2023

Week 3!!

This week contained so much traveling and so many adventures! I am currently writing this while stranded at a bus stop in the middle of no where Germany thanks to the DB. Keeping my spirits hopeful!

We started the week in Nordeney. The weather was colder, but I admit it was a nice break from the heat. We started the trip with a hike. The dunes and beaches are beautiful. I found the science on how the dunes and vegetation developed very interesting. I also noticed how the trees grew in the direction of the wind which was very cool. We went to a look out point that showed a great view of all the dunes in the area. The walk back was a bit long, but a good workout!

The next day we walked around the town and saw the beach! We tried the salt water shots, which are supposed to raise your blood pressure. I did not like it, but it was a fun experience. The beaches here are beautiful. On Tuesday, I did wake up for the morning Tai Chi. It was very refreshing and relaxing. The water though was very cold. 

Through the trip we went to many other museums and the badehaus. The badehaus museum was very interesting and had some cool artifacts from the past. I really enjoyed seeing all the different clothing from the past and what they used to wear to the beach. It is very different from what I wear for sure!

The badehaus was a wonderful experience. The hot pool with the chimney was definetly my favorite part. I admit I was a bit nervous for the badehaus because of all the talk before, but it was awesome. The fishing museum was very interesting as well. It had cool history related to the house and I enjoyed seeing all the fishing equipment and fish artifacts hanging on the walls. 

The tea party was also a one of a kind experience. I honestly don’t like tea or every drink, so I wasn’t really looking forward to it. However, I surprising thought the tea was quite nice and it was a fun experience. It was a true tea party!

After a long few days in Norderney, my friends and I headed to Amsterdam for the rest of the week. Amsterdam was very cool! The museums there were AMAZING. I loved learning about the life of Vincent van gogh and getting to explore the Rijksmuseum where I even saw some Saints we talked about in class. I even went to an archeology museum where I saw a mummy! 

This past week has been very fun, but I am ready to come back to Bonn! I can say I am not the biggest fan of the DB, but I think I have a better understanding of how to make the most of a rough time. I am looking forward to our next few excursions and to seeing how I can relate them back to what we’ve learned in class, like I did at the museums! 


No comments: