Sunday, June 25, 2023

Maia's Adventure in Germany week 5

This week involved a lot of travelling so here it goes. We started off the week with a trip to Vienna. I wish I had more time spent hre, because it might be my favorite city that I have visited so far. I loved the Freud lecture in the man himself's house. Although I will be over analyzing my dreams for the rest of this trip. I also loved going to the natural history museum. I've been to the one in New York but the collection in Vienna is unmatched. Learning about the mammals and seeing the 36,000 year old statue was a high part of my days there. It would not be a travel blog if I did not mention food at least once. I am familiar with Pakistani food, as my host mom loves to cook us some key dishes, but that restaurant filled me up fat and happy.
The tour around Vienna led by Dr. Schnable was a high point of my week. Although I have much respect for Dr. Wasser, there was no better person than the plague doctor himself to lead us around the city and allow us to sample some of his medicinal herbs.
After Vienna, I spent the weekend travelling to Prague. I will say that Prague is one of the more affordable places that I've been to visit so far. I never spent more than 15 euros on a meal and the food was devine. We even tried some Mexican food, and while I was nervous about it, it turned out absolutely delicious and I would recommened the place to even some of my friends from Mexico (Las Adelitas was the name). Prague was full of history including the palace and the gardens, the clock towers, and the cathedrals scattered arounf the city. I find myself looking at all of the paitings in the church trying to see if I can identify the saints whithin.
Only having one more week to go has made me reevaluate all of the places and people I have met. I understand why my mother was so adamant about me spending times overseas. Better make the most of it!

No comments: