Sunday, June 25, 2023

Week 5 - Vienna and Prague

Wow this week was fun!
We started this week with the class trip to Vienna. On the first day we spent most of it on the train ride that was over eight hours and then had dinner at a really cool place that looked medieval. I was very happy with Motel One as it had air conditioning and very nice breakfast buffet. On Wednesday we started the day with a city/history of medicine tour. I was a little disappointed at first to hear that Dr. Wasser wasn't leading our tour, but out of nowhere we were greeted by Dr. Schnabel. This plague doctor gave us insight into medications that were used to fight the plague and explained how his outfit was designed to prevent close interactions from his patients. Also in Vienna we did many different museum tours, my favorite being the "medical oddities tour" or the Narrenturm. 



On the weekend several of us visited Prague. This has been my favorite place I've visited, the views were amazing and there was so much to do, I definitely want to go back. We made the hike up to the palace and got to see an aerial view of the whole town. We also did a pedal boat on the river which was so fun. I am looking forward to this last week and expect it to fly by so fast. 


No comments: