Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Week 2 Abroad!

 Wow! Time has truly been flying. Before this trip, I thought six weeks would be a long time to be away from home. Now, I feel like I only blinked and suddenly 2.5 weeks were gone and I’ve been so busy doing fun things I am barely getting to reflect on our second week in Bonn. 

We started this week by taking a class trip to the opera. I was skeptical at first because I didn’t think there would be English subtitles and I was worried about watching and opera where I didn’t understand the language. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it and I was happy to discover that there was English subtitles. I was a choir kid in high school and participated in a couple musicals, so I am a fan of musical theater. The opera was funny and the actors were very talented. 

On Tuesday we had a long day of school, but I was happy to come home to a special dinner with my host family where they made a German dish of a special meat and potatoes because they wanted me to try some German foods. After dinner, my host mom invited me to walk the dogs (Lillie and Anton) around the neighborhood, and I enjoyed talking with her and watching the dogs play.

On Wednesday, we had our school trip to Cologne. We saw many things and had a fun time shopping and seeing the sights of the big city.

On Thursday and Friday we started our new Pharmacology class with Dr. Fajt. I really like Dr. Fajt  and she has already taught me some important skills for reading scientific articles that will be very useful in this field.

On Friday, I walked the dogs again with my host mom Annette and got ready for our trip to Norderney! Annette leant me some warm clothes and packed me some snacks which I really appreciated.

Overall, it was a busy week and went by very quickly. Even though some days are tiring, I’m having lots of fun though and enjoying every minute! 


No comments: