Monday, June 19, 2023

Week 4

This week was mostly spent in Bonn. On Monday, we traveled to Remagen to take a guided tour of the Peace Museum Bridge at Remagen. This small museum detailed the first world war and the history of the bridge that sadly no longer exist. :( 

Monday through Thursday was lots of classes. Some interesting topics we have been discussing about in pharmacology class include drug monitoring and distribution and different biases shown in reports. We've spent a lot of time learning how to search up articles and how to read different case studies/reviews which I think are pretty valuable skills for my future career goals. In our History of Medicine class, we have discussed a lot about women in medicine which is refreshing to see the different perspective even in medieval times/early 18 and 19th centuries. One women we talked about a lot was Hildegard von Bingen. I was very inspired by her story and I think it's very cool how she was able to be an exception to many standards whether it be religious or medical. On Friday, we were lucky enough to go to Bingen to walk through the Hildegarden and the Museum am Strom. The thing I liked the most about the museum was the depictions/artwork of Hildegard's visions.

This weekend, I spent it in Paris and the bus ride was SO LONG. We might have spent a few hours figuring our way out of the metro station when we first arrived, but once we made our way above ground it was everything I imagined. We saw the obvious sights like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Arc de triomphe, but we also went inside the Sainte Chapelle and the stained glass work was breathtaking. My favorite thing in Paris was the bakeries. The display cases were so beautiful and the smells were so inviting. In the end, we didn't get to eat a baguette, but the fig and cheese roll + the raspberry tartlet was heaven. I'm so grateful for the these weekends since they give me the chance to explore new cities, but I cannot believe we're almost done with this program. Until next time! 


No comments: