Friday, June 02, 2023

Week 2

I cannot believe we're done with week 2 already. Time has definitely flown by. I am constantly amazed with the diversity of this city and the food never disappoints. This week I've finally tried the Doner Sandwich and it does not disappoint. It may be one of my favorite things yet. We also went to the grand opening of Cheese Bonn and the pasta was so creamy and rich. I love love love pasta and

One of the highlights for this week was our class trip to Cologne. The cathedral right outside of the station is beautiful and it was very exciting to see all the saints that we had learned from class previously. The architecture was beautiful and I was pleasantly surprised to see the Three King's Shrine in person. The tour of the city was very enjoyable and it was nice to see the culture of Cologne. I very much enjoyed the restaurant we ate at. This was the first time I had eaten schnitzel and I'm not much of a potato lover, but those potatoes were delicious. 

We're off to Norderney tomorrow morning and I couldn't be more excited. I have heard nothing but praise for this island and I cannot wait to try out the sauna. Following Norderney is our long weekend and packing 9 days worth of clothes into a backpack is hard, but hopefully all will be well. I could not be more excited for the next week of traveling and adventures! 

No comments: