Sunday, June 11, 2023

Week 3 Post

The Norderney trip was just as great as everyone hyped it up to be. I love the beach and it was just overall a really relaxing time in Norderney. The mud hike was a great adventure that I don’t ever think I’ll experience in another 100 years. The mud treatment at the bade haus was so relaxing. I was nervous at first for the experience, but I found my stress disappearing the first few minutes after entering the steam room. The bike tour was absolutely beautiful. I loved biking and learning about the different birds/seeing nature in general was a great experience. Plus the ice cream there was SO GOOD and I wish I could have eaten more of it. 

My favorite thing we did in Norderney was the bade haus. It was amazing to experience the sauna for the first time. At first I thought I would hate it since I didn’t really understand the concept of being in a hot room for a long period of time. However, it felt very freeing once I was in the room. Practicing the steps we learned in class was so fun. The best part was stepping out of the room and dumping the cold bucket of water on you. I think I could’ve done the sauna all day since it made my body feel generally great and my stress felt like it was gone. Also, the workouts in the morning were 10/10 and I totally wished I went the first day! (One of the photos I included was after the workout and I was very happy I did it even if I had to wake up early.)


After Norderney my best friend and I went to Amsterdam, Edinburgh, and London. They were all beautiful cities! It was my first time booking housing for a trip and it went surprisingly well, so that relaxes my stress about our next excursions. From this past trip, I have learned how grateful I am for my car. Public transportation can be very hard to navigate in different cities and I know I wrote in my last post I’m getting used to it but apparently not. However, we still found our way around and got to everything we wanted to see on time! Oh also I learned sleeping at the Edinburgh airport (or any airport probably) is NOT COMFORTABLE and I do not suggest sleeping at the airport if you have an early flight but it definitely was a unique experience. Plus one positive was meeting a lovely Italian couple who let Hannah and I use their charger.


I’m excited to see what week 4 has to offer (crazy it’s already week 4!!) and I am ready to get back to the classroom. 








No comments: