Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Week 5 Post

    Week 5!! We went to Vienna! Vienna has been one of my favorite cities we have visited. I loved the walking tour and watching people's reactions to Dr. Wasser's plague doctor attire. It was also really cool taking all the herbs/drinks we tried to ensure we were safe from the plague. My favorite 'medicine' we took was the gummies or the vinegar with herbs in it (which tasted like pickle juice to me). I enjoyed the Fraud lecture as well. I have never heard of Fraud, but I found the lecture interesting. I enjoyed learning about the super-ego, ego, and id. I just find it amazing that Fraud categorized the way the brain works and how each division is very distinctive/unique. Also, I had no clue that cocaine used to be so easily accessible to the public which high key blew my mind.

    In Vienna, I loved trying the sachertorte at the Demels and the restaurant we went to the first night had AMAZING schnitzel. I enjoyed the concert as well. I always love listening to Mozart and Beethoven while studying, so it was cool to hear the music live especially in such a beautiful church. Lastly, I really enjoyed walking around the city at night. Hannah and I watched The Little Mermaid and then walked around when it was super empty which was a really cool experience.

    On the weekend. Hannah and I visited Venice, Italy, Italy was such an amazing place. The city was very vibrant and there felt like there was so much to see. We even went to the beach for 3-4 hours. The beach was BEAUTIFUL and the water was clean and cold which was a nice change from the Texas beaches. We even visited cities like Burano (famous for lace) and Murano (famous for glass blowing). The best part of Italy by far (at least to me) was the gelato and pizza. They are totally worth the hype and I could have eaten the gelato for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 

    I can not believe we leave this Sunday, but I am excited to go to Berlin and head home to my family!

Best Gelato (Cherry and Chocolate)

Adorable Black Cat in Library in Vienna

Tower in Murano

Venice Bridge

Cool Statue in Venice
NHM in Vienna

Sachertorte (yum)

Hannah and I love Vienna

Doge's Palace

Canals in Venice


No comments: