Monday, June 20, 2022

Em's Week 4: Travel & Perception







Cities Travelled to: Bingen & Andernach

Coming back from Scotland was like a whirlwind. I realized I was coming "home" to a home away from home. I think that's when it finally hit me that I was truly traveling through Europe. The past weekend I had taken every form of public transportation over 3 countries and now I was back in time for school! Life is crazy! School this week taught us a lot about the history of medicine. Beyond our in-class lectures, we traveled to Bingen to see the museum of Hildegard of Bingen, as well as traveled to Andernach to visit a History of Medicine Museum. Seeing the size of old plague doctor costumes, the old procedures to remove bladder stones, ancient carvings of old teachers of medicine, and seeing a real iron lung made me realize how medicine all derived one way or another from the same location and beyond religion and kindness, the world is even more connected than I thought. Also, going to the beach on our day off was fun too :)


No comments: