Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Paris!

 This past weekend I went to Paris! I have always wanted to go to Paris and see the Eiffel


Tower. The moment I went to see the Eiffel Tower, it felt so surreal. Not only was I thinking about how grateful I was to attend a university that offered this type of experience, but I was so blessed to have loving and supporting parents who helped me fund this trip. Whenever there are times where I feel down or something “unlucky” happens to me, I think of them. All they want is for me to experience and learn on this trip. They were just as, if not, more excited for me to go on this trip. In Paris, I went to the Palace of Versailles, House of Louvre, and saw the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night. On this trip, like some others,I realized one of the biggest challenge I have faced on this program. Being in a different country it is important you do not go places alone. A couple weeks ago, I went alone to Cologne to take a dance class that I REALLY needed after a rough day, and it was one of the best decisions I made. The only problem was that it was during the day and near Bonn so it was not as dangerous. Paris is another story. Before going and even taking ubers, multiple people warned me about pick pocketing and being careful, which made me nervous. The hard part for me was wanting to do something fun in Paris at night but would not have anyone else to go with. This trip introduced me to people who had different interest, opinions, and backgrounds than me, but also some who had multiple things in common with me, which is a great way to expand out of my comfort zones as well. I have found myself sometimes feeling down when no one wanted to do something that I did and had to disregard my interests to stay with the majority. That was something I wasn’t used to so experiencing that made me realize more things about myself. But one thing that I found so important is to live in the moment and to make the best of any situation, after all, I was in one of the most beautiful cities. 


No comments: