Monday, June 20, 2022

Amsterdayyyyyum

Last weekend's trip to Amsterdam solidified it as a top 5 favorite city of mine. I loved it when I went in high school. I had already been to the Anne Frank House, the Van Gogh Museum, Vondelpark, and the canal. I had never been to the red light district. It was a total accident. We were trying to get to the Irish pub from the ramen restaurant. We will never be back. All Apple Maps' fault. Hence, the title of this blog. I had also never been to the Rijksmuseum. I loved it. This was a top 5 art museum for me. I will list my top 5 cities and top 5 art museums because I always say things are top 5 but never share my list. Top 5 cities: Houston, New York City, New Orleans, Amsterdam, and San Diego. Top 5 art museums: Louvre, the Museum of Modern Art, the Met, Rijksmuseum, and Monet's garden (if this counts as an art museum). The art in Vatican City would probably be number one, but I do not think that this counts as an art museum. There were sooooo many people in Amsterdam, which made going out and shopping a little stressful. There is something about the attitude of the city and the architecture that makes me love it so much. The canal tour before my train was a perfect good bye. I can't wait to go back.



No comments: