Sunday, June 05, 2022

Trip to Cologne!

A couple of days ago, our class took a study trip to Cologne, which is about 20 minutes away from Bonn. The cathedral is right outside the train station, and I never could have imagined just how HUGE it actually is!! Every time I looked up I couldn't even fathom the amount of detail in the architecture while also being on that large of a scale. We got to go up in an elevator all the way to the roof and get a 360 degree view of the city.


This past week has been filled with more adventures just like that one. We went and hiked up to the Drachenfels ruins by the Rhine. Yesterday, I got to go to my host family's farm and eat cherries straight from the tree! They were the best cherries I had ever had in my life. Even exploring the different parts of Bonn has taught me so much about how to navigate a new city and interact with strangers. I can't wait for the next few weeks when we are going to get to travel even further and meet more new people!




No comments: