Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Start of my Hero's Journey

 The first few weeks of this study abroad have been life changing. Not only have they taught me to be more patient and friendly, they have also shown me parts of the world I never thought I would see. Since it has been a while since I've posted on here, I'm going to break up this post into the different areas that we have been to and the things we have done.

Classes:

I am really enjoying the classes that are offered for this study abroad. Pharmacology is teaching me a lot of fundamental skills that will be needed later in my career. From searching for research papers to learning how to use/read them, this class will help me a lot in the future. Now onto History of Medicine. I've always been interested in medicine, and learning about how medicine became what it is today is just as interesting as I thought it would be. I love the amount of information that the class is giving me, and I love seeing the fundamental doctors throughout history. It's also really interesting to find out practices and beliefs from the past, especially if you put yourself in their shoes and try and understand why they thought that.

Cologne:

When I first saw the cathedral, I couldn't believe my eyes. The shear size of it was insane, and I could see why it could take 700 years to build. When we started the tour of the cathedral, I was really excited to see the city from the top. When I got up there, I could see for miles in every direction. It was breathtaking. I also loved learning about the history within the city of Cologne. The city itself has seen the coming and going of many empires, and going into coin shops and seeing the historical coins was a cool sight to see. 

Norderney:

The air at Norderney was unlike any air I have ever breathed before. I could actually tell the difference in the purity of the air in compare to Bonn. Now I can see why they have an air tax in place. I also loved the small town feel of Norderney. Everyone there was very friendly and even though most of the time we didn't understand each other, it still felt very homey. I even really enjoyed the mud flats, even though it got my feet all muddy.

Amsterdam:

After Norderney, me and other students went to Amsterdam. For the 2 days that we were there, all we did was roam around Amsterdam and look at the city. It is definitely one of the prettiest places I have ever been. The rivers going through the city made the entire look, and I'm happy I got to go.

No comments: