Thursday, June 16, 2022

Axel Fischer's "Norderney (Stereoact Remix)" aka Summer Break Anthem

I walk into the ferry, and I think that I am on the Polar Express. The waiters are in uniform and delivering hot chocolates. I am instantly pleased. Next, we go up to the top of the ferry, and I am hit with a wind so fresh and so clean. I was going to play "So Fresh, So Clean" (Outkast) on my headphones, but I heard an unfamiliar groovy sound as I was slipping my headphones on. I turn around and see four middle aged ladies fist pumping and drinking 40's to a Norderney themed song. I immediately whip out Shazam and by some miracle the good folks at Shazam identified the song as Axel Fischer's "Norderney (Stereoact Remix)". This is the anthem. After the song ended, we got cold, and went to get some hot drinks. I had a splendorous krabbenbaguette and latte. Best ferry ever. Norderney was so fun and relaxing. 

I accidentally forgot rain gear, but it turned out okay. Game night was fun, even though I forgot Helen Keller was deaf. The Badehaus was a spiritual experience. Walking through the mud reminded me of the time my friend and I ran a Tough Mudder. I loved our choreographed dance, even though I embarrassed myself. Finally, the sunset was the longest and most beautiful that I had ever seen. I hope that I will one day make it back to Norderney, being an old person there would be so peaceful.



No comments: